HySecurity WedgeSmart DC - Electromechanical Wedge with Barrier Arm
Protect your vehicles from theft car rental facilities, valet parking and more.
HySecurity operators secure the world's critical infrastructure and key assets where ultimate reliability is vital. WedgeSmart DC delivers that same uncompromising quality to commercial customers, where ease of use, consistent operation, low maintenance, long life and high reliability is expected.
HySecurity strives for simplicity. Easy to install. Easy to configure. Easy to maintain. Easy to troubleshoot and repair. Your WedgeSmart DC barrier arm is built to last.
HySecurity WedgeSmart DC Features:
HySecurity WedgeSmart DC Specifications:
- Protect your assets - Crash-engineered FS30 stops a full size sedan traveling at 30 mph
- Surface mount – Easy, quick installation
- Engineered for millions of cycles
- Highly visible integrated lighted barrier arm and wedge
- UPS backup and Solar ready. Operates for over 150 cycles after AC power loss.*
- Easy to configure. Program operation to site specific requirements
- Straight or articulated arm
- When hit, arm stops, protecting pedestrians, facility, operator/arm
- Four lane widths: 9, 10, 12, 14 ft
HySecurity WedgeSmart DC Technical Specifications:
- Condominium/residential and light commercial application, suitable for leafs
up to 14 ft. (4.3 meters)
- High closing/opening speed (1 in./s) (2.5 cm/s)
- Very accurate anti-crushing and inversion on obstacles functions thanks
to the integrated encoder
- Flexible and easy to install thanks to the multi-position adjustable brackets
and the long stroke (12 1/4 in.) (311 mm)
- Gate speed and force can be adjusted through the electronic control board
- New SB system (no hydraulic locking version) with tri-drive valves (FAAC
patented): easier manual leaf movement
- Integrated opening/closing mechanical stops included in the operator
- Crash-Engineered: ASTM F2656 SC40: Small Car, 2,430 lb @ 40 mph (1.1 MT @ 64 km/h) ASTM F2656 FS30: Full Size Sedan, 4,630 lb @ 30 mph (2.1 MT @ 48 km/h)
- Lane Widths: 9, 10, 12, 14 ft (2.7, 3, 3.7, 4.3 m)
- Open/Close Time: 5 seconds up / 5 seconds down
- Arm Full Open Angle: Arm full open angle: Adjustable 90º ± 10º
- Wedge Design: 45° raised position; 21 inch plate height for 9, 10 ft lane width; 18 inch plate height for 12, 14 ft lane width; manual locking mechanism and rotary crank for manual operation
- Handing: Left or right handing available
- Arm Design: Aluminum arm with lights, HyProtect™ breakaway arm mount & kill switch, 9, 10 ft (2.7, 3 m) Articulating aluminum arm, HyProtect™ breakaway arm mount & kill switch; 7 ft clear/8 ft extended (2.1 m/2.4m) 8 ft clear/10 ft extended (2.4 m/3 m) 9 ft clear/11 ft extended (2.7 m/3.4 m) Lights optional.
- Duty Cycle: Continuous
- Uninterrupted Power Supply*: Two 12V, 50Ah batteries, Operates for over 150 cycles after AC power loss.* Field configurable to fail open or secure when batteries deplete.
- Voltage Input: 115VAC, 3A, 60/50 Hz, 208-230VAC, 1.5A, 60/50 Hz Solar: 24VDC solar panels**
- Accessory Power: 12VDC and 24VDC 1A each
- Temperature Rating: -13º to 158º F (-25º to 70º C)
- Communication: USB, RS-232, RS-485, Ethernet & fiber option using HyNet™ Gateway accessory
- User Controls: Smart DC Controller with 70+ configurable settings, 32 character LCD display and 5 tact buttons or a PC using S.T.A.R.T. software.
- Relays: Two configurable user relays: 30VDC, 3A solid state and 250VAC, 10A electromechanical. Optional Hy8Relay™ for 8 additional relay outputs
- Finish: Zinc plated with white powder coating
- Foundation: To achieve ASTM F2656 rating, 3000 psi flat concrete required. 10 inch min. at anchor strap area. 6 inch min. all other areas. Area under chassis and wedge plate must be flat within 1/4 inch over entire length.
- Electrical Certification: Control panel certified to UL 508A by ETL
- Warranty: 2 years
* Actual UPS cycles depend on accessory power draw, frequency of cycles, battery health, ambient temperature and other conditions
HySecurity WedgeSmart DC Optional Accessories:
- Hy8Relay™ - extended relay module provides eight additional programmable user relays
- Hy5A intelligent vehicle loop detectors
- HyNet™ Gateway for communicating gate system and accessory status in real time via Ethernet/fiber
- Photo eye
- Second traffic light for bi-directional lanes
- Lifting strap and eyebolt kit available to assist installation